Who is Machine Intelligence Garage for?
Machine Intelligence Garage is designed for AI and ML startups and scaleups with well-defined business models and technical capability.
To qualify for access applicants will need to meet the below eligibility criteria:
- Have a defined product or service idea
- Have a clear business plan
- Have a sound technical implementation plan
- Have the team in place
- Be compute constrained, this would normally apply to early or very early stage startups
- Make ethical use of algorithms and data
How can I apply to join the programme?
When an open call is live complete the short registration of interest form on this website (for our planned application run times see the programme timeline).
An email will be sent to the address indicated in the short registration of interest form with the link to the full application form. Only applications received before the closing of the open call will be reviewed and considered.
The selection process takes place approximately every 12 weeks, therefore, if the deadline for submission is missed businesses can register to join the next cohort.
What information is asked for in the application form?
In addition to contact and company information the questions within the application form address technical, business and ethical aspects of the applicant organisation and product – you might need to collaborate with other team members when completing this form. The form can be modified and saved at any time before the final submission.
Can I save my application to come back to later?
Yes, the form we use for the full application process can be modified and saved at any time before the final submission date. After full submission and completion forms cannot be altered or edited.
Who is application data shared with?
Can I apply again if my previous application was not successful?
Yes – if you have applied before and would like to be reconsidered or have altered your offering, you can apply for one of the open calls running throughout the year.
How are applications selected?
Applicants are reviewed by the Machine Intelligence Garage programme team and are assessed only on the information provided in the application. Following first screening successful candidates will be invited to a video interview and/or demo. For further information, please see the selection criteria. Please note, applications are subject to additional terms and conditions from the programme’s partners.
I’m not ready to apply yet – can I apply and be considered at a later date?
What are the stages applications will go through?
- Interested parties register to apply for the programme
- An email is sent with the link to the full application form – applications must be completed by the closing date to be considered
- All applications are judged based on the selection criteria and a shortlist created
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a video interview with the team to learn more about the company and solution
- Teams are selected to join and onboarded to the programme
What is the selection criteria used for applications?
Applicants for Machine Intelligence Garage will be selected using the below criteria as well as partner terms and conditions.
- Business plan: The applicant has a well defined and viable product or service
- Early stage: Applicant company is an early or very early stage company
- Ethics: The company has assessed the ethical impacts of your solution
- Tech plan: A clear level of technical expertise, team and an implementation plan
- Data ready: The team has demonstrated the necessary data at hand ready to be used
- Immediate need: There is an immediate need to access computation power and artificial intelligence expertise
Initial assessment is based solely on the information provided in the application. Considerations will also be given to the stage of development at which your company is, how the company intends to make use of data, data ethics, and potential impact of participation in the programme.